Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed sale:)

Hi,
    Don't know if this is in the right forum but I thought it was best here.
    Vegetable Seeds are having a 75% sale on from now until 17th November.
    It is the site with the Tv guy Joe Swift on.
    It does say after the sale for the first time their prices will be going up hence the sale to move the 'older' stock out but seeds will still be ok.
    sigpic

Here's a URL:

www.vegetableseeds.net with Joe Swift - Seed Sale

I only had a quick look, but all the Carrot seed (random sample!!) I saw were reduced from 95p to 24p

Quite a lot already sold out though ...
    Last edited by Kristen; 17-10-2014, 07:21 AM.
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Oops, I should not read these threads, marked 'Seed sale' they do me no good.

I managed to order 14 packets of seed with a quick slip of the mouse. That was behaving, I ditched about 10 pks before checking out.....

Someone direct me to SHA

Seed Hoarders Anonymous
      While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

On a serious side note:

The SSL on their website is not providing complete protection as there are page elements loading over a non secure connection (an image loaded from a remote URL and possibly a local encoded png).

I would advise people to checkout via PAYPAL until this is addressed. I am emailing Vegetable Seeds about this issue.

It looks like an innocent innocuous issue, but, there is no excuse and their developers should remedy it quickly once flagged up.
        While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
          Good reason to avoid then . Is it just me that finds "celebrity" endorsement annoying? I don't believe that most of them have any involvement with the product although in the case of Joe Swift that is probably an advantage. The guy is a designer not a gardener.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post

I would advise people to checkout via PAYPAL until this is addressed. .

Paypal preferred because I don't need to go and fetch my purse and make it obvious I am spending money on seeds...

Comment

Celeb endorsement is annoying - but the seeds are good, and VERY cheap! I went and ordered 12 packets last night. I think the Broad Beans were 11p.
              My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Repeat after me: I must resist, I must resist... What was the web address?

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Litrally just brought there entire seed catalogue
                  .....! 10 quid including postage though

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

43 packets. Shhh!

Comment

^ For once I clearly have been the paragon of virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                        Hi,
                        Don't know if this is in the right forum but I thought it was best here.
                        Vegetable Seeds are having a 75% sale on from now until 17th November.
                        It does say after the sale for the first time their prices will be going up hence the sale to move the 'older' stock out but seeds will still be ok.

Ooh, you are such a naughty person. Now, to qualify for free delivery I need to pick 60 odd packets

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

has any body received there orders yet mine has been processing for about 4 days

Comment

By the looks of the posting above, they're still working on your order -expect a juggernaut soon full of seeds
                            Last edited by Jay-ell; 21-10-2014, 01:57 PM.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Had mine yesterday.
                              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X