Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends

Hi,
    Just asking how do you friend another Grape?
    sigpic

Go to their Profile page and there is a "Add as Friend" link on the left. Click it and see what happens - 'cos I can't remember

Comment

Thanks for that.
      sigpic

Comment

It worked

Comment

A follow up question would be what's the purpose? No problem (obviously) with people actually being friends just don't understand what it means on a site like this - do you see things that other people don't or is it just a collection thing?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

If you go to "Quick Links" and "Open Contacts Popup" you can see which of your Friends are online and send them a PM by ticking the box.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              If you go to "Quick Links" and "Open Contacts Popup" you can see which of your Friends are online and send them a PM by ticking the box.
              Oh, is that it. Don't think I've sent a PM for over a year. Do some people send them a lot? I always thought that the point of a forum was to share knowledge so tend to do it all in public.

Just read that it and it sounds like I'm being grouchy, not meant that way, just really can't see a use and obviously assume everybody does the same as me

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                A follow up question would be what's the purpose? No problem (obviously) with people actually being friends just don't understand what it means on a site like this - do you see things that other people don't or is it just a collection thing?
                Having a friend or two is lovely,even if it is vertual,especially for those that are mostly alone,it is a very personal choice,plus when the opportunity arises,they do meet up,to sum it up Alison i would say say,a collection of things,i suppose it has a different representation for each person,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I receive loads of PMs - because of the VSP and the Mod thingy. Also when meeting up, swapping plants, things like that that don't affect anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                    Having a friend or two is lovely,even if it is vertual,especially for those that are mostly alone,it is a very personal choice,plus when the opportunity arises,they do meet up,to sum it up Alison i would say say,a collection of things,i suppose it has a different representation for each person,
                    Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. Fully get the need for people being friends (of whatever type), just didn't (and still don't) really understand the friend function on here (ie the forum feature not the ability to be a friend). Being a friend is clearly about a lot more than clicking a button and doing that doesn't make anybody any more (or less) of a friend. That's why I asked if it gave you extra functions etc and if there was actually any real benefits in asking somebody who you already considered to be a friend to be registered as one. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Comment

I receive loads of PMs - because of the VSP and the Mod thingy. Also when meeting up, swapping plants, things like that that don't affect anyone else.
                      Fair point, don't know how you find the time

Comment

Don't think I've sent a PM for over a year. Do some people send them a lot? I always thought that the point of a forum was to share knowledge so tend to do it all in public.
                        Agreed.

I get PMs, on various forums, from time to time, asking general questions. I always answer with "Ask in the forum, you'll get broader advice and criticism of wonky advice" ... actually I don't always answer such questions at all ...
                        K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Nor me ..............

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                            Hi. I'm afraid to say lottie dolly I am one of those people who probably "talk" to more people on the vine than face to face. Having moved around a lot when I was younger from Midlands, Yorkshire, Scotland, Yorkshire and then back to the Midlands. I made friends but didn't have long lasting friendships.
                            I was never in with the in group as my parents were in the army and very practical people. My mother would skin a gnat for a penny so I never had the stuff that was the new craze.
                            Now as a parent I do talk to other parents but none of them have any interest in gardening or enjoying the great outdoors. Several of them are very qualified and have very good jobs or their other halves do. We don't do expensive holidays or have a new car every three years.
                            I also find cause little boy has trouble talking that people aren't very patient with him. Just cause he needs support they seem to just brush him off. So parents actually ignore him. So I just stand with him and we just talk to each other as we wait for little girl's class to come out of class.
                            So here I am a bit of a Billy No Mates but hey it doesn't bother me I quite like talking to everyone on the vine. Everyone is different but all come together in a great past time or to help cut their food bill there are so many reasons everyone is here. I'm just glad I found the vine and joined
                            sigpic

Comment

Nor me ..............
                              VC forgets to feed herself or get dressed somedays

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X