Garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic

Hi. If I harvested garlic now. Could I dry it and re-plant it in october? Regards

Yes , I've been doing it for years

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

I have done the same as I read on forum it was the thing to do but to be honest unsure why. Will the garlic split into cloves or just get bigger? I have also read that some just eat them as they are. Is there any merit in replanting?? Gosh too much reading or just plain daft. Which one is me ?? Too daft to know !!

Comment

The garlic I will be planting has already split. And are getting planted as cloves. I just was not sure if it would be ok as they have just been harvested. But thats great I will plant them. Saves buying more.

Comment

Well the ones you buy were harvested by someone.

I have heard it said that if you constantly grow from your own garlic it becomes used to your gardens conditions, This to me is pushing the boundaries of Darwinism a bit too far. More likely you will be increasing the proliferation of diseases, so I would buy proper certified garlic myself. others may disagree.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X