Storing garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing garlic

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this so please move if not.....I've got an embarrasing problem, which I have to admit to! My own garlic isn't quite ready yet so I've actually bought some from the supermarket tonight for the first time in years! The darn stuff stinks to high heaven!! Has anyone got any ideas where/how to store it so it won't invade my whole kitchen? Ta! Bernie
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

If you have a shed put it in there you might get rid of the mice if you have any if it stinks that bad jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Actually JM - I had mice earlier in the year! If I'd known about this stuff I'd've used it instead of mice poison! Bernie
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I keep mine in a green 'sprout' bag that I got free from our local market - hang it on a nail in the shed and it'll keep fine. Am thinking of putting all ours in their later in the year.

I've also kept fruit in there to keep it out of the kitchen heat. Works a treat.
        Last edited by madderbat; 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Actually I ended up putting it in one of my jam jars with the screw lid - couldnt cope with the smell! Thankd for the ideas. Bernie
          Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X