Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irrigation misting chillies and peppers

Hi All

My cucumber/gherkins, peppers and chillies are doing pretty well but next week I am going away for 10 days. The tomatoes are on a drip / mist irrigation setup which they seem to like. At the moment I am watering the peppers/chillies by hand but need to get them on the irrigation system and was thinking of using some misting nozzles I have.

Do you think that I could just use a misting system above them to come on early in the morning, would they like watering like this? Chillies will be moved down from the bench onto the path..

What do you think?

Cheers

That is one kick a$$ greenhouse.
    @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Originally posted by NatalieCooke View Post
      That is one kick a$$ greenhouse.
      Agreed - totally epic! Sorry I cant answer the main question but would you mind telling me what size the greenhouse is (I'm in the market for one!).

Thanks

Comment

In my humble opinion, I would not instigate such a system of watering if you are not there in person every day to monitor it, or the weather.
        I don't think the moisture would sufficiently penetrate the soil if applied like this, especially for well established plants. It'll evaporate quickly in the sun.
        Water on the leaves could invite scorching, or moulds, depending on the conditions.

I think you're better off opting for trays or saucers under your pots, which you can fill with water nearer to your departure date, and leave, and if possible extend the drip irrigation system you already have into your second bed. Or, depending on budget, have a similar system / drip hose, laid in your pots too.
        Failing that, do you get on with your neighbours...

BTW, that is an awesome greenhouse!

Comment

Just noticed the date on that first post..

Comment

what an excellent greenhouse!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X