Runner Beans - Urgent Help Please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runner Beans - Urgent Help Please!

I think I may have frazzled my runner beans in my patio greenhouse. I got them out Saturday morning and they were all limp so I put them on the patio and watered them well then when it got cooler I planted them out by a fence. The leaves have now gone crispy. Should I carry on watering them as they don't seem totally dead (the stalks are still standing upright). Will they carry on growing?

Thanks for any help - I'm a total veg growing virgin
    See our brand new allotment - a work in progress - at http://catherineandclaresallotment.blogspot.com/

Don't feel bad - we've all done it. You're not a real gardener until you have (almost) killed one of your crops!

They may recover, but you need to give them time. Don't go mad with water and feed - they are already stressed. Keep them a bit sheltered for a few days (shade them a little if you can) and keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully, the growing tip is not damaged and they will just be delayed a little.

You can always sow a few more now, just in case.

Comment

Thanks Cutecumber!
      See our brand new allotment - a work in progress - at http://catherineandclaresallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

My advice is to follow cutecumbers advice...

Comment

And my advice is to follow DirtDobber's advice...

Comment

In future, if you get something out and it's all limp (please, keep it clean folks!) it's a good idea to give it a drink and put in in the shade for a day or two. When it's bucked up again, that would be the time to plant it out in your garden. When I pot things on I put them in the shade for a day or so - behind the garage. They don't mind the view!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I have just sown our second lot of beans in the ground yesterday, and am eagerly waiting for them to appear. Beans can be sown up to July, so i might even ge a final sowing in! All is not lost newbie!
              Vegmonkey and the Mrs. - vegetable gardening in a small space in Cheltenham at www.vegmonkey.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X