Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberries container size????

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone can help. I have bought a couple of blueberry bushes that I'll grow in containers, but before I plant them out I thought I'd better check I'm not about to mess them up!!! I have read that they should first be transferred into a ~30cm pot, transplanting to ~50-60cm pot in subsequent years. I just wondered what would happen if if I went straight in at the larger pot. I have two large pots that currently aren't doing anything and the garden centre only sells ericaceous compost in very large bags, so if I only used smaller pots I'd probably have half a bag of acidic compost lying around for a couple of years which I don't really have the room for. Obviously this isn't a massive issue, so if it really is best to pot in a smaller container I don't mind, just want to make sure they don't die really!!!

What do you think? Thanks!!!

I have one established blueberry bush that I've had for ... well this will be it's third year. I also have six new bushes in this year which are too small to bear fruit. All seven of these are in 30L pots, which they should all be happy in for a good few years. I chose to put the new plants stright into the big pots for similar reasons, but also give them the best chance of putting on some decent growth this year and being ready to give me a good crop next season. The other benefit with larger pots is they hold moisture better and don't need watering quite as often

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X