Can Leeks have twins ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Leeks have twins ?

I seem to have 2 Leek twins, meaning I have two plants that seem to have germinated from the same seed . . .

. . . have any of you seen anything like this before ?
    My allotment in pictures

Two seeds I suspect? The alliums are all closely linked though, and included in these are shallots and garlic, both of which have multiple stems.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

can we see a picof the base of the plant(s)? Like Snadge, I suspect two seeds.

Comment

I can get a picture of the base of the plants but the picture above shows the seed with the first leaves of the 2 plant still in it . . . unless there are 2 seeds stuck together.

I'll need to get a real camera on the job, the iPhone doesn't cut it for precise focussing situations
        My allotment in pictures

Comment

I'm pretty sure I had a few of these this year. I sowed 24 seeds - very carefully since it was my first time sowing them! - and ended up with 28 plants, a couple of them growing right next to each other. Although I suppose it is still possible that I accidentally dropped two seeds in there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X