Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpine Strawberries planted too close together?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine Strawberries planted too close together?

Hi

My first post. Hopefully you guys can help

I am growing Alpine Strawberries for the first time this year (one of the first things I've grown)

I planted all the seeds really close together in a propogator and now have as you see in the pic. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w19i16ehdujip1/04110023.JPG

At what point do I separate them or put them into a bigger bag or am I best off starting again

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by MrKev83; 11-04-2014, 06:56 PM.

no pic?....
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Should be on the dropbox link?

Comment

Personaly I'd thin then out with some fine scissors so you don't disturb the roots on the one's you're saving

Comment

can see the pic now - you must have been downloading it whilst i was posting! They look pretty good to me - when i tried to grow strawbs from seed - one came up and then subsequently died. Just carefully separate and plant up into little pots or be ruthless and just leave one (the biggest)in each space you would still have 18 plants? I always try to save every little seedling but i'm a bit sentimental.

Comment

You mean just cut loads away and save a few per pot?

Cheers Jardiniere...I'm protective of my seedlings as they're the first things I've ever grown from seed. I'm also growing Moneymaker tomatos and currently have 14 decent sized plants (in individual pots)
            Last edited by MrKev83; 11-04-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

all in containers means snip off all but one in each section ...which is a good idea cos you wont disturb the roots ...i meant pull the weedy ones out and leave one in each section.

Comment

I can't see the piccy, is it because I'm using iPad? Sorry.
                DottyR

Comment

I can't see it on the iPad either but suspected that was just because it's an iPad and never does anything properly / logically

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    I can't see it on the iPad either but suspected that was just because it's an iPad and never does anything properly / logically

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
                    Strange? Usually can see photos ok, I know can't upload from iPad. Will have to look on PC
                    DottyR

Comment

Pah, IOS. This is why you want to use open source ;D

I think your strawbs look great, but then that's probably because mine look just the same! My five year old helped me plant them and finesse is not his thing (he's currently outside having a strop about not being allowed to wake his sister up). I'm going to try to separate them and pot them up separately or 2-3 to a pot for now. I'm another who tries to save every seedling (isn't there a Monty Python song about that?).
                      Last edited by MrsCordial; 12-04-2014, 07:26 AM. Reason: inability to type
                      Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

Separated them and unfortunately had to bin a lot but will still have about 16 plants which is plenty

We live and learn

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X