potatoes spotty leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potatoes spotty leaves

hello all , just wondering if someone could give us some advice as to what this is on our potatoe leafs, they are earlys and just starting to flower , the spots have came about in the last week, heres a pictur below, any help would be great cheers jonny & cas

That's a nasty one! The only thing can say is that I think it's not a nutrient problem. Hope another grape can help.

Comment

There are a couple of other threads about this problem. You are not alone. LJ posted a link to a site which would suggest it is called Bacterial Speck. I'll try to find the thread again.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Here it is

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ead.php?t=7795

The link is towards the bottom posted by Protea I think.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

cheers for that earthbabe

Comment

It isn't anything to worry about - I found various links to ideas of what it might be, but I can tell you that I have had it every year and nothing worse has developed.

Keep your eyes on it, but just try to keep the plants well fed and watered so they crop well despite any minor stresses.

Comment

I posted this on my own thread about the same problem - but thought i'd update anyone on here who won't see the other one (??)

anyway:

I took a sample of the potato leaves to the RHS Wisley yesterday (i work nearby) and they said loads of people have had this!

It is a physiological condition caused by the very heavy rain we have had, followed by the cold nights (and even frost for some). It won't spread and is not bacterial/fungal/nutritional or otherwise. Tomatoes have also been affected although the symptoms are slightly different - the spots appear more translucent than brown. Same thing though.

Hope this helps everyone who was worried
              There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
              Happy Gardening!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X