chillies have just stopped growing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chillies have just stopped growing?

I have grew some chillies in a unheated propagator then transferred them over to a heated one once they were seedlings but they just seemed to have stopped growing?

They are still green and healthy looking but just not doing anything else, what do you think?
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

It's more normal to use a heated propagator to germinate and then move to cooler conditions to grow on, have I misunderstood? Assuming I haven't, where is the propagator they are in now, how big are the plants (ie how many leaves) and what sized pots are they in?

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

If germinated they do not need bottom heat. And yes they do take ages to grow.

Comment

How long have they been in the compost? MPC only has enough nutrients for max 6 weeks, so they might need a slight top-up. I've just given mine a pinch of blood fish and bone for the same reason.
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Mine are the same, came up about a month ago, they're an inch tall with miniscule true leaves just starting to form - they've been like that for the last 3 weeks!
          He-Pep!

Comment

As Chilli Grower said, the first few leaves are slow to grow but after that they start to grow quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
              chillies in a unheated propagator then transferred them over to a heated one
              Do you mean the other way around?
              You use bottom heat to get them germinated, then they can take cooler temps to grow on. And a slowdown is normal when nights are still so cold
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I started them off in a window sill propagator unheated, I put them in a heated one once then have come though thinking that it might make them grow faster or I dunno maybe give them a head start?

They are about a inch tall with 2 leaves on, Ive just checked again today and they are looking healthy just not growing :/
                If you want to view paradise
                Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
                  I started them off in a window sill propagator unheated, I put them in a heated one once then have come though thinking that it might make them grow faster or I dunno maybe give them a head start?

They are about a inch tall with 2 leaves on, Ive just checked again today and they are looking healthy just not growing :/
                  if you have them on bottom heat that would encourage root growth if it has educate light it will go hell for leather when it's ready

So pictures would be good too!
                  In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X