cherries?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherries?

Can I grow a cherry on my plot? Specifically from a cherry that I bought from a supermarket?

Hi queen of the cob,

I have patio cherry, I used to grow them in pot too. It is depending on what type of cherry you have,normal cherry could go real big.
    Did it say anything about it's growing habit ? You can always keep them in it's pot for a while and see if it is happy but after a while you will definately need to provide a bit more space for them.
    I hope some other grapes came along to help you.

Momol
    I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Our cherry tree is now about 20 feet tall and has a spread of about 30 feet diameter. I suppose by pruning you could keep it small - and it would depend on what type it is.
      Is your plot an allotment? would they allow a tree to be grown? - or is it your back garden? have you the space? If you are able to I would grow it as you will get more wildlife in with a tree.

Comment

Do you mean a cherry tree that you bought from a supermarket or an actual cherry? If latter, don't do it! You could end up with anything and something so large that it would eat you out of any space!

I have an acid cherry in the ground and recently pruned it back hard to stimulate new growth and to keep the height down. You can do this with acid cherries but not sweet, as I believe they do not respond well to this kind of pruning - which is mainly about keeping the plant in hand.
        Best wishes
        Andrewo
        Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X