Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these both purple sprouting broccoli?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these both purple sprouting broccoli?

Hi All,

I'm convinced these two plants are both psb - but one is purple and one is white! Is this variation normal?

Attached Files
    He-Pep!

Well they both look like sprouting broccoli. You can get white forms as well as purple, so maybe a rogue seedling?

Comment

I seem to have four purple ones and three white ones - it's all supposed to be extra early Rudolph though - i didn't sow any white variety. I did have some calabrese types but they all bolted months ago. Do psb plants generally have purple stems?
      He-Pep!

Comment

PSB usually have purple stems but at least you will have a variation on a theme if you have white sprouting broccoli. Makes for a more varied option on the plate!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

how exciting! let us know what you end up with!

Comment

I have the same situation, bought 12 plugs from garden centre, all sposed to be PSB but only a few have purple stems so far, im excited to see results, the largest purple stemmed one is just producing some purple sprouts now

Comment

Now? I thought it was supposed to be in early spring?
              He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                Now? I thought it was supposed to be in early spring?
                There are differing types of PSB and even by sowing at varying times with some varieties you can virtually have PSB all year.
                My seedlings have just been planted out and I don't expect to crop them until June or July next year.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X