Grapevine produced no grapes :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapevine produced no grapes :(

Does anyone know why a healthy looking indoor grapevine has not produced any grapes this year, not even a single flower? Lots of leaves and looks happy enough, it has grown rather tall this year.

Probably too much feeding.

Comment

Mine was the same, full of leaves and shot up to approx 5 feet this year - but no grapes

🐞Every ☁has a silver lining🐝Every 🌸 has a 🌿

Comment

I wonder if I watered too much, it's in my conservatory and took 4pints of water per day minimum just to keep the compost moist during the hottest spell. So maybe it just kept growing leaves the more I watered?

Comment

Are you pruning it?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            Are you pruning it?
            Yes I got it last summer, it was hanging with grapes then, so last winter was its first winter. I googled what to do and pruned it according to the pics and info I found. I also thought it had to have a spell outside really cold to produce fruit the following season so I heave hoed/dragged it outside (no mean feat the huge pot its in) for a couple of months. But nope. It's got plenty of leaves and grew up to the roof but no flowers ever appeared so no grapes. Anyone know what I can do differently this year??

Comment

My grape produces grapes every 2 years. So perhaps next year it will be back.

Comment

Oh thanks I didn't know some vines did that. Il carry on as per last winter and see what happens next year. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X