Blue strawberries?!?!?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue strawberries?!?!?!

I've seen some seeds for sale on EBay to grow blue and black strawberries...... Are these for real??

I'd love to try these out, would I be wasting my time and money?

🐞Every ☁has a silver lining🐝Every 🌸 has a 🌿

just had a google,very interesting,it appears to be a GMO product,with some genes from a fish,the idea being it will have some antifreeze quality to them,have tried to put a link up,that works,no good,
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 22-08-2013, 07:52 AM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

OMG really???? Hmmm.... #goes on EBay and 'unwatches'!!!

Comment

They are not called Fukushima Strawberry's by any chance are they ?

Comment

Lol no .... Here's the link I found to a uk seller

http://bit.ly/19z6cD7

Comment

Blue Strawberries, Genetically Modified by Fish Genes - Facts Analysis-HoaxOrFact.com Analysis.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk View Post
              They are not called Fukushima Strawberry's by any chance are they ?
              The Fukushima nuclear disaster has resulted in some pretty weird plant hybrids (35 pictures)
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Blue strawberries?!?!?!

Omg haha well apparently the black strawberries are used in top London restaurants, I just want to grow the blue ones just to see if they do grow blue really.... Would be an Interesting addition to the garden - dont think I'd dare eat them now though haha!

Last edited by Greenfingerpaula; 22-08-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Black ones are for real, as are white and those "wrong way round" ones with white skin and redish seeds.

Fella on anotehr plot by me grew all of em and has a brilliant picture of a strawberry salad with the lot in - looks amazing.

Comment

Well I'm definitely going to give the blue and black a shot Leon, it's too good an opportunity to miss

Comment

GMO strawberries -not for me. Will they cross with non-GMO strawbs?
                      We're trying so hard to keep GMO seeds out of the UK and someone comes along selling them on Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        GMO strawberries -not for me. Will they cross with non-GMO strawbs?
                        We're trying so hard to keep GMO seeds out of the UK and someone comes along selling them on Ebay.
                        the way i see it is it's not really any different to the cross-breeding of animals and cross-polinating of plants, which we've done for decades to create "better" versions of what we had before, except it's done in a laboratory under controlled conditions rather than by "taking a chance" .... i have absolutely no objections to GM foods!

i grew "pineberries", the little white strawberries that apparently taste of pineapple .... but they were tiny .... and anything tiny just ain't worth the effort .... after all, i grow to feed me and the missus and to make jams and wines .... so are the black and blue strawberries as big as normal strawberries?
                        http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Blue strawberries?!?!?!

I see both points of view VC, to be honest I just want to give them a try just to see if they really come out as they say they do! The black ones are being used in top restaurants in London apparently

And yes farmer gyles, they are supposedly the same size, the difference is they are less acidic and less sugar than red strawbs - I'm just curious about them is all!

Last edited by Greenfingerpaula; 22-08-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

i tried and 48 plants came out red

Originally posted by Greenfingerpaula View Post
                            I've seen some seeds for sale on EBay to grow blue and black strawberries...... Are these for real??

I'd love to try these out, would I be wasting my time and money?

Every ☁has a silver liningEvery  has a 
                            no success all came out red so wasted my time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X