Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting my strawberries??

Hi everyone, first time poster on here

But hope you can help. I am new to the whole growing your own thing....planted two strawberry plants in a large(ish) pot about a month ago. They were already on their way out when I brought them so were reduced in price. I still managed to get a few berries though.

I read somewhere that I should cut back my strawberries ready for next year. However, I'm not 100% what I should be doing. How much do I cut off?

Also, I didn't realise that the plants like a bit of space so do you think I should take a plant out the pot and put it in its own?

Thank you
    MH.
    Love ♥ Life ♥ Grow

Firstly, Welcome to the Vine Mrs Hippo.

Whereabouts are you? If you add your location (nearest town) to your profile it will show up on your posts. Helps when giving advice and we won't have to keep asking you.

As to your strawberries, "large-ish" pot doesn't really help us to advise. How big is the pot? A photo of the plants in the pot would be even better.

Comment

I need to edit my profile! I live in Nottingham.

I don't have a photo at the moment so will have to take one. The pot isn't big but I wouldn't say it was small. They probably could do with a bigger one but both seem to sit in there comfortably.

I'll get a photo later, got a few mumsy jobs to do first!!
      Love ♥ Life ♥ Grow

Comment

OK MrsHippo, I know what Mumsy jobs are like. I'm a grandmother, but I still get the jobs Not big and not small isn't much good to me either. Measurements in inches please, but centimetres will do (I have a tape measure)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X