Courgette/pumpkin questions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgette/pumpkin questions

My zuchinni courgette, after producing three perfect fruit, has suddenly stopped producing. All the flowers are getting to about two inches, then turning yellow and shrivelling before they even open. I'm quite confused by this- my courgettes often start off with the flowers just dropping off instead of growing, but I've not had it happen after they've started forming real fruits before.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing it? It's otherwise looking healthy, though the plant's maybe not as big as it could be. Is it likely to be some fixable deficiency, or just a dud plant?

My other question is pretty similar- about my baby bear pumpkin- it exploded into growth last month, and was covered in female flowers. Two set, and are looking good, but it's dropping the female buds now when they're tiny. The variety is supposed to produce quite a lot of small fruits, so is it likely to start up again, or is two gonna be my lot?

Last year I only get one smallish fruit per plant, but I put that down to the weather (no-one did well with them on site), but now I'm wondering if something else is wrong. I have been feeding them on chicken manure pellets, and given them home-made compost and the occasional bit of tomato plant fertiliser.

I'm comparing my plants to others on the same site, planted around the same time, and all my plants and fruits seem to be a lot smaller than others'- though I'm probably not growing the same varieties of course. Any ideas?
    My spiffy new lottie blog

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X