Pak Choi delight!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pak Choi delight!

Nothing new or earth shattering here, but I simply want to tell you how delighted I was with my first harvest of Pak Choi early today. They were stir fried very simply with just a little knob of butter and then seasoned with a touch of Soy Sauce and a shake of salt and pepper, but they were absolutely delicious, and they'll always feature now in the kitchen garden. Very, very happy with the results - and all grown from the 'freebies' given away in our lovely mag! Thanks, Grow Your Own!...

I have been harvesting Pak Choi today too. So much of it again, i'm loving how quick it crops. I agree that it will be a permanent fixture in the live larder!

Comment

The pak choi I had were delicious. Some I chopped up and used raw in salads, some I gently stir-fried with star anise, cloves and cinnamon. Shame the slugs loved it, it bolted and that I bought F1 seeds so can;t even collect the seeds.
      Looking forward to harvesting the flowers though .. little bit of salt, cracked pepper, saute gently in olive oil and serve on ryebread toast, sprayed with a little thin olive oil. Hopefully it will be as nice as the kale flowers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X