Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing sweet potatoes in London?

Hello,

So we received a sweet potato plant with a few leaves growing and thought we would give the sweet potato a chance to grow, but we have heard it doesn't grow very well in the UK?

We were planning on putting a grow tunnel over the sweet potatoes during the winter months to try prolong the growing period.

We placed it in the ground roughly 2 weeks ago so it was slightly late, would there be a chance of them growing sweet potatoes?

Some info here for you Filipe How To Grow Sweet Potatoes In The UK | Thompson & Morgan

Comment

They like a long growing season. When I've grown them I've harvested in December.

The best results I had were in a container on a sunny patio.
      Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jono;1149460]They like a long growing season. When I've grown them I've harvested in December.[QUOTE]

Rl's link talks about 12-16 weeks to harvest. I got plants (30+ cm) that went in at the end of June (tunnel) Ho long to harvest and how do you know when they are ready to harvest?
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X