Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deficiency in the Basil plant but which one?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deficiency in the Basil plant but which one?

I have 3 Basil larger basil plants and some seedlings on the go too.
    I'm growing one of them out for seed and the others are to be used in cooking.

I'm still learning about deficiencies in plants and i'm struggling to guess which is which so, could any of you guy's tell me what might be happening here please.

They look pretty healthy to me.. Are you asking about the soil?
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

They look pretty chipper to me too - perhaps a little on the yellowy side? Although that might be down to the variety.

Or have they been a bit chilly? Where have you got them growing?

Comment

Originally posted by Chomerly View Post
        I'm still learning about deficiencies in plants
        I wouldn't worry too much. Deficiencies aren't all that common*, unless you're growing in totally unsuitable media/conditions

* unless you're talking about sunshine, in which case we're seriously deficient in that
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi guy's,

The are sitting outdoors at the minute next to the house.
          I have another bunch of basil plants, still very small at the minute as they were late seedlings and the only ones to survive after the winds blew my portable greenhouse over and damaged the rest, and they look a whole lot different than these ones.
          Much more healthier but then i guess i'm reading too much into their looks i guess.

I think the soil is fine but i'm trying to remember which one of them is in that batch of John Innes which has plagued a few other plants i have.
          I think it may be the one i'm letting grow out for seeds but i can't be sure.
          Its certainly the sickest looking of the three in those pots.

I'll have to get some more pictures up for you.

Comment

What's the white stuff on the top of the soil?

Comment

Plant food rusty.

I threw a little over the soil before watering as they've been in those pots for a good 7 weeks or more now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chomerly View Post
                Plant food rusty.

I threw a little over the soil before watering as they've been in those pots for a good 7 weeks or more now.
                Well it's not doing any good sitting there, is it? You would be much better using a liquid feed at the correct dilution.

Comment

I learnt from Gardeners world, divide each Basil plant up into their own pots. Doing this will make much larger tastier leaves.

Comment

give them some biobizz fishmix .... use it as a soil drench

the following week, give them some seaweed extract as a foilair feed ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X