Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will my blueberries ripen?

Hi All,

I was bought a blueberry bush for my birthday last year and it is doing very well, growing in a pot. It has lots of green fruit on that look about the right size already, so I was wondering when they will be ripe enough to eat or cook with?

Thanks,

Dom

Mine are still green at the moment, they went blue August last year. Unfortunately something eat them all whilst I was on holiday so this year I have netted them.

Comment

Really depends on the variety. Over here, the earliest variety starts to ripen others will take up to 8 additional weeks

Comment

I have a variety that comes from Georgia (U.S.) and now it's full of large blueberries covered with a dusty coating. In another week or so I think I'll be able to harvest.

Comment

whatever variety,give them loads of water,as i understand they come from boggy ground,i give my three tubs of blueberries about 1/2 gallon each day and in the heatwave morning and evening,the fruit are now up to 1/2 size on the earliest variety,lovely taste..

Comment

just started picking my blueberries as they are now turning blue , not sure of the variety though.

I seem to notice that one day they are all green and then a couple of days later there are loads of blue ones
            All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X