Raspberries this time :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberries this time :)

So, I had great help on strawberry watering and now I have another question but this time on raspberries.

I have been given some summer fruiting canes, no idea what variety, they are very old and belonged to my friends grandfather. They are growing nicely in the ground next to the strawberries and they will need some staking soon I expect.

I have just noticed that there are some fruits already growing, do I need to cut these off so that the plant has a crop next year?

Thank you

No, don't cut anything yet.

Enjoy your crop and when the fruit has finished cut the canes that carried the fruit down to ground level.

You should also have new green canes growing from round the base of the plants - these are the canes that will carry fruit next year.

Whereabouts are you? If you add your location (nearest town) to your profile it will show on your posts and helps with specific advice. You can see from my posts that I live in Lowestoft.

Comment

Ooh, thank you, I shall see what the birds leave me I will put my location into my profile... I am in Shropshire.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X