twice fruiting raspberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twice fruiting raspberries

Has anyone tried these, I saw an advert for them earlier today, and I wondered if anyone has tried them. They fruit in June and again in the autumn.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

There's a way of pruning razzers to make them crop twice - can't remember where I read it. On here probably

'ere ya go!! http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ear_63574.html
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 19-06-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

It was these I meant.

I think gardeners world also did something about that too VC, I have a vague recollection of Chris Beardshaw discussing it.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

its cheaper to treat each half of a row seperately,i have joan j and polka mixed,one half i cut out the fruited stems and tie in the new ones,these crop in june/july/august(depending on the weather),the other half i cut to the ground in nov/dec and these will fruit from august til the frosts in oct/nov,i have been doing this now for 4/5 years and it means rasps from the end of june til the winter,just finished the last of last years fruit that was frozen down,better than the shop ones for flavour,and cheaper than the "twice fruiting" fancy ones,i only spent £10 so they have proved to be good value..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X