Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A so far small, but increasingly worrying problem with one of my Blackcurrants...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A so far small, but increasingly worrying problem with one of my Blackcurrants...

Soooo, I planted a whole new set of fruit bushes this season, and everything is doing really well so far save for one of my Blackcurrants on which I've lost one or two leaves through something nibbling them away. Does anyone have any ideas what the culprit(s) might be? I haven't seen anything on them, and haven't lost too many leaves, but don't want to lose too many many (more leaves) much less any valuable fruit. There's a great big stock of thanks for any helpful thoughts or insights...

Gooseberry sawfly will attack my currants from time to time. One day there's the odd tatty leaf, the next day the bush is stripped to bare twigs.
    Take a close look for small caterpillar-like creatures which have quite a smooth skin and are greenish-grey in colour with tiny black spots.
    A small attack this year will become an epidemic later in the year or early next year if the caterpillars are not removed.
    Last edited by FB.; 17-05-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FB. View Post
      Gooseberry sawfly will attack my currants from time to time. One day there's the odd tatty leaf, the next day the bush is stripped to bare twigs.
      Take a close look for small caterpillar-like creatures which have quite a smooth skin and are greenish-grey in colour with tiny black spots.
      A small attack this year will become an epidemic later in the year or early next year if the caterpillars are not removed.
      Thanks very much for the advice. I'll be out slightly after first knockings tomorrow morning, and I'll have search warrants ready to make any citizen's arrests as may be required. Actually, don't think we need any search warrants for a CA, do we? Whatever, I'll be there...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X