What's wrong with my tomatoes?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with my tomatoes?

I have grown my tomatoes the same way as I have for the past 2-3 years - started the seeds off in a heated propogator then moved them into small pots next to the south facing patio doors of my dining room. Usually by now I would have had to pot them on into bigger pots and my dining room would be a jungle but this year they are just pathetic. They have hardly grown at all and a lot of them look decidedly unhealthy. I have grown several different varieties so it can't be down to dud seeds. I wondered if it could be the compost? I just used a cheapo Wilkos one. Or could there be another reason? Could it be that it has just been so cold this year? I don't think I've done anything differently to previous years. And a second question; when can I risk moving them into the (unheated) greenhouse?

Mine have been in the unheated greenhouse for just over three weeks now really worried about them with this cold snap predicted
    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

It does sound like the compost. Is it worth trying to repot a couple with fresh compost removing as much of the old stuff as possible.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X