dwarf french beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwarf french beans

Hi I've got some dwarf French beans in my coldframe ready for transplanting do you think they'd be ok if I put bottle cloches over them?
    The nights are averaging 6-9 deg with the odd 3-4 deg every now and then, tbh im not sure if they need a minimum temperature or just to avoid frosts? Thanks

I've been hardening my French Beans off over the last couple of days. Last night I completely forgot to put them back in the green house and was fully prepared to find VERY sulky and possibly EATEN plants this morning, but thankfully they are none the worse for their ordeal. Decided to take pity on them and they have spend the day in the greenhouse recovering.
    Yours should be ok under bottle cloches. What they really seem to hate is cold winds. They go pale and sulky.
    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

The next couple of nights are forecast to be exceptionally cold, so I would recommend waiting a few days.
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Certain I read somewhere that dwarfs are hardier than climbing - I say do it! Maybe sow more incase?

Comment

I once planted out some (dwarf) Frenchies "too early" just to see what happened.

They sat there, and sat there, not growing. Then they turned yellow, then they died.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X