Tomatoes and Chillies.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes and Chillies.

My tomato plants are ready to plant out in my unseated greenhouse. Is it too early although they should be frost free they could get cold at night? The trouble is that they are getting quite big and need to go into their growing pots

Hello Planter and welcome to the Vine. I have moved your post into vegging out.

Unless you are in a very warm place, I would leave them in for a bit longer. Mine are still going in and out each day and will be until the chance of frost has gone.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

What size pots are they in at the moment Planter? Also, whereabouts are you?

Comment

I put mine in the potting shed yesterday (toms and peppers) after they have spent their early life in an unheated conservatory. First thing this morning out there in my dressing gown to check and are fine. I'll be keeping a close eye on the weather forecast though.
        "Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage" Anais Nin.

"Or according to the size of your polytunnell" Judy Elliott

Comment

Mine are in the garage on the windowsill and they have been fine overnight..
          -------------------------------

Currently growing..

Peter Pepper,Moruga Scorpion,Habanero,Bhut Jolokia(yellow),Numex Twilight,Purple Jalapeno,Big Jim,Papri Paprika,Thai Hybrid,Esplendor,Sweet mini bell pepper and Patio fire chilli...

Also
          Black tomato,Dragons Egg Cucumbers and Charentais Melon

Comment

I'm assuming you mean an unheated greenhouse. Your location will make a difference but mine have been out for a couple of weeks now and despite a couple of chillier nights have been fine.

Comment

Where about are you from mate? I'm in East Anglia and my peppers and toms have been in an u heated GH (3 tier) in a shady position and have since moved it to a south facing wall and their doing great.
              Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X