Artichokes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artichokes

Out looking for asparagus today and I spotted these (hard to miss, I know)

I'm very chuffed as this is the first winter they have survived. Although very, very, very wet and snowy its not been too cold, hence the borage which also over-wintered.
    Attached Files
    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Mine have lived through the coldest March since 1963 - so I guess I should stop worrying about them.
    No buds on mine yet though - but they're alive LOL

Comment

Yes, mine lived thru last winter, fruited when the fires were on and I could have sworn I saw one on it the other day........maybe the rosella's saw it too, as I couldn't find it yesterday. It's so huge this year it's like a bit of a jungle on it's own. So glad I put a couple more in this year.
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
        Out looking for asparagus today and I spotted these (hard to miss, I know)
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]35166[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]35167[/ATTACH]

I'm very chuffed as this is the first winter they have survived. Although very, very, very wet and snowy its not been too cold, hence the borage which also over-wintered.
        Amazing. Mine are just at seedling stage.

Comment

The artichokes were sown this time last year, LRG and the borage is just self sown - it grows madly in all the ditches around here.
          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I planted Borage last year, used it and dug out hoping it's gone, but I can see seedlings sprouting all around the area it was growing. Ah well, more greens for stir-fry and flowers are beautiful in a salad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X