Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• felt plums

Hi
    We have a plum tree..about five years old, don't know what type as it came with the house.
    Any way, it blossomed early this year and fruited for the first time, about 30% of the fruits are normal ie small, round and firm, but the rest are larger, flattened and have a waxy feeling felty appearance.... on cutting one open it had a full size plum stone cavaty with a tiny flat stone/seed in it.
    In all other respects the tree appears fine.
    Any one got any ideas...I checked out other parts of the forum but nothing similar.

I'm confused! No way should plums be ready to harvest yet. They ripen from late July to September. I have an inherited plum tree in my garden, which I think is a Victoria. Excellent crop last year, and I have tiny plums on it now, very small, very green, but I'm hoping they will grow. By the way, anyone got any good recipes for jams, chutneys etc?

Comment

Puzzled myself. Our fruit is still small and green.
      Earliest it is ready is end of August.
      Got lots of recipes for plums, greengages and damsons.

Comment

It sounds like an ornamental ALmond or something like that. We have them in the town here.

I wonder if it was grafted on to this and the stock is taking over the plum?
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Hi
          The "plums" on the tree started of plum colour strieght away, both the formed ones and the "strange" ones...!
          must admit i'm a bit baffled, allso noticed the tree has a few very large spikes on it but only on its main lower trunk, is that usual for a plum tree...?

Comment

The dodgy plums have all fallen of now, so gues there will be slim pickings this year...still no idea what the problem is

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X