Pruning autumn raspberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pruning autumn raspberries

Due to the extreme wet conditions, I didn't prune in the autumn. Should I do it now, or is it too cold?

Makes no difference how cold it is, if you get a dry spell so you can get to them then prune them as soon as you can.

Comment

I usually don't get around to pruning my autumn ones until spring time, think I did it just before Easter last year, just make sure you don't cut down any new growth that's started up. They forgive a lot

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Pruned mine in December between showers..

(Still pruning fruit trees and shrubs)

Comment

I always thought you should prune them in February???

Comment

Feb here is often snowbound and I cannot prune anything. I just take opportunities when they come..

Comment

I don't think the raspberries will care what the weather is - prune them when it's convenient, but don't leave it so late that the buds are beginning to open and don't do it so early that they still have green leaves on them.
              It's difficult to give precise months for pruning, since sometimes winter comes early and other times it comes late. Same with spring.
              Generally speaking, January is a pretty safe bet for most winter-pruned plants because most things are well and truly dormant at that time (plums and cherries are best left until early spring, when the buds begin to swell but before they open).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X