banana shallots and other

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banana shallots and other

I would like to purchase banana shallots to grow. Someone did say they had seen it sold online but they didn't say who was the seller.
    I have just purchases Egyptian tree onions any advice would be useful.
    I am interested in growing unusal vegetables from other ethinic groups indian/ frican/ Chinese etc., so your experiences are welcome.

If you do a Google search for banana shallots you should find some suppliers. Here's one I found Buy banana shallot sets shallot 'Longor': Delivery by Crocus.co.uk

Comment

Vegetable Seeds : Onion Seed for normal onions

Scroll Down to Zebrune Banana Shallot.

Comment

I bought seed from Real Seeds.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I got a packet from T&M (376 vegetable)
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by arik View Post
            I would like to purchase banana shallots to grow. Someone did say they had seen it sold online but they didn't say who was the seller.
            I have just purchases Egyptian tree onions any advice would be useful.
            I am interested in growing unusal vegetables from other ethinic groups indian/ frican/ Chinese etc., so your experiences are welcome.
            Welcome to the Vine!

I was lucky enough to find a couple of packs of Banana Shallots seeds at the local garden centre's 50p a pack scramble. I'm hoping I have better luck with them than I did with the sets I tried this year!

A few people I know grow Kabocha very successfully but I think that's from saved seeds - I've not managed to find the seeds with a quick google. (Kabocha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I'm looking forward to growing daikon/mooli this year after finding out that a very tasty Dim Sum dish I've had called 'Turnip Cubes' is probably mooli!

I think quite a few people on here are trying various things from James Wong's selection of seeds too:

James Wong Seeds - Homegrown revolution - Suttons Seeds and Plants
            http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I nearly bought a packet of shallots to eat, but they are £3 a kilo !!! (onions about 70p a kg)
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                I nearly bought a packet of shallots to eat, but they are £3 a kilo !!! (onions about 70p a kg)
                That's why I'm trying growing shallots before onions!
                http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X