Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Grapes!

Hi everyone,

I am collecting the key to my new allotment tomorrow. I chose the plot last weekend so the excitement has been building for days now!

I've just checked the weather forecast and it looks like a brill weekend to get started.

I've been reading advice from various people on here and have sketched up a quick plan - bet I change my mind when I get started though.

I wonder how much time we expect to spend on our plots as we start out, and how much time they actually demand from us? The hubbie will forget what I look like if I get too involved!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
    Your brain gets smart, but your head gets dumb

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello Fruityloop and welcome from me too. I see you've already met one of the Nutters ^^^^^
      Tell us a little more about your plot - size, condition, what's on it - and we do like photos as we're very nosey

Comment

hello fruityloop,welcome from another nutter on here,weldone on getting a plot,am sure you will change your mind,over and over again,thats the way it should be,then you get more of what you wanted,time that is spent at the lottie,is time well spent,not only in growing decent tasting food,you get fresh air,also day trips out,without much extra cost involved,only on seeds of course,get a kettle ext down there as well,and take a pic nic,not all time at the lottie is work,you must have relax time as well,enjoy,look forward to seeing pics,before and progress,then we can all cheer you along,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Good luck tomorrow and don't forget plans are designed to be changed, thrown out the window, cursed and jumped on. Or is that just me?
          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome and congratulations on your new plot.

I change my plot every year, it's just trial and error until you find a layout that works best for you (if that ever happens lol)

Looking forward to seeing pics
            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine, hope the weather is good to you tomorrow. Try not to overdo it - it's easy to do too much at first
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello & welcome from I also
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Hi welcome to the vine. I'm the only sane one on the forum btw
                  Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                  Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                  -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Originally posted by Currysniffa View Post
                    Hi welcome to the vine. I'm the only sane one on the forum btw
                    Chris - that comment is worthy of membership of this http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s%27+club.html

Comment

Hi fruity loop

Welcome to the vine. Enjoy your lottie......what have you planted today?

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Welcome to the vine fruity loop! I think you have joined just the right forum and wish you well with your new allotment!
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Here's a photo as requested.

I took this as soon as I got there - and started to wonder whether my enthusiasm was outweighing my skill level. I didn't know where to start!

The plot is 5m by 15m. It's a sunny spot (hence the hazy shot!), but a little windy on a hillside.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes - I need the support!
                          Attached Files

Comment

This photo is after a few hours on Sunday morning.

You can't see in the photos but I've been trying to fix the wire fence, as the outgoing allontmenteer took their fence posts with them, leaving the chicken wire (it's stuck down into the ground to stop rabbits, so I'm trying to salvage it).

A couple of plots dug over but nothing in them yet.

I've sectioned off a little compost area as well but it was behind me when I took the photo.

At the far end I'm planning a flower section so I can have some cut stems on my kitchen window sill at home, without paying shop prices. Hopefully popping some tulip bulbs in this weekend :-)

What else can I plant now? I don't think I can justify planting a whole patch of elephant garlic!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi frootloop and welcome to the vine, there are still a few veggies that you can put in now such as garlic, Japanese onions, broad beans and you can also put some peas in to overwinter for an early harvest next year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X