Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uses for Vodka/Gin Soaked Blackcurrants?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses for Vodka/Gin Soaked Blackcurrants?

Aiming to bottle the cassis this weekend and so will be left with a bucketful of soused berries. My neighbour makes flapjacks with them, which are apparently pretty good, so might try that. Will also try a few with ice cream, but any other ideas?

I'm not much of a 'one' for spirits so binned the berries last year, but thought I might try to use some this time around.

Any suggestions?
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Pour a bottle of white wine on them and leave them to stand in that for a while. Result = a sort of fortified wine! Then use the blackcurrants on your icecream!

Comment

Make some Chocolate Tiffin/'Fridge cake and put some in that.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 11-09-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Add them to homemade mincemeat, it's about the right time to be making it now.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

I either do flapjacks or [now that I'm not having many carbs] would mix it with peanuts and dark choc and make my own fruit and nut bars.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            I either do flapjacks or [now that I'm not having many carbs] would mix it with peanuts and dark choc and make my own fruit and nut bars.
            Now that sounds lovely - could even be given as an extra gift with the fruit vodka in the upcoming festive season. (I like to plan well ahead!)
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Some brilliant ideas here - thanks all. Annoyed with myself for chucking them away last year now! If you see any slightly rambling, misspelt posts from me over the weekend; then assume I've made (and eaten) vodka-based 'fridge cake, fruit bars, and mincemeat (brill one for Christmas), and washed it down with some fortified wine.
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

we make boozy-berry jam...yum

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X