Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The little buggers keep eating me strawberries........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The little buggers keep eating me strawberries........

In my fruit cage all the strawberries that a ready have been eaten by pests red ants or
    by woodlice

I havent managed to even taste one yet.....

Has anyone any ideas how to keep them off me CROP....

Cheers NJ

Nope. I'm in the same position. I've put straw under the plants but the beggers just climb up the straws. I just give the orifice a good rinse under the tap and pop them in.

Cheers, Tony.
    Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

It's probably snails or slugs doing the original damage. Give them some blue smarties.

Comment

Something's eating my strawberries too, but I don't think it's bugs. Must be something bigger. It takes large chunks off them or eats them whole.

My solution is to eat them before they turn red. White/greenish are only slightly less sweet. Not sure about the stuff that matter though - anthocyanins, flavonols, etc. Does anyone know if they're only present in fully ripe fruit?
        Last edited by otorongo; 21-06-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

My allotment area has a problem with badgers eating the strawberries and gooseberries, 12 bore anyone, "oops probably should not have said that"!

Comment

Originally posted by otorongo View Post
            Something's eating my strawberries too, but I don't think it's bugs. Must be something bigger. It takes large chunks off them or eats them whole.
            Either squirrels or (less palatable) rats.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X