Cherries damaged

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherries damaged

Just eaten my first cherry this year! Not at all perfectly formed though. Each cherry that I looked at had skin damage - looked as it the skin had split, then browned over. Too much rain is my guess but it doesn't look good for the remaining cherries. You may like to check your fruit too!

I'll go and check Mr VVG's plums right now. Back in a mo with a full report.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Take a torch!!

Comment

Blimey, mine are still green bullets, will be a few weeks yet. Went for a walk earlier and we were looking at the wild cherries and they were the same.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

His plums are fine VC. None have dropped off. Vee haff no cherreez!
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

So pleased for Mr VVG . My plums are still small and green!
            I was amazed to find reddening cherries - just didn't expect them so early. I'll check them all over tomorrow - its probably me or the birds!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              So pleased for Mr VVG . My plums are still small and green!
              I was amazed to find reddening cherries - just didn't expect them so early. I'll check them all over tomorrow - its probably me or the birds!
              I don't think you live in Wales at all. Are you sure you're not on the Scilly Isles?

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                I don't think you live in Wales at all. Are you sure you're not on the Scilly Isles?
                I live in the Silly Isles, VVG, same as you

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  I live in the Silly Isles, VVG, same as you
                  I was just waiting and you didn't let me down

Comment

At least half my cherry crop is on the ground, put there by all the dreadful weather we've had over the lasy month or so. Those that are left are small and pale green still, and I'm not holding my breath that they'll make it....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X