Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of my garlic plants has turned intro grass.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my garlic plants has turned intro grass.

No lie, take a look. Never seen this happen before at all! Shows the effects this crazy weather is having!

Attached Files

Did you split the bulb into seperate cloves before you planted it.

Comment

One of mine looks like this I just assumed it had split in some way - just hoping the others are OK. Found this - "Onions and garlic belong to the Allium genus. Allium, in fact, is derived from the Greek word for garlic. Shallots, leeks, and chives are also members of the allium family." Do you think it looks a bit chive like?
      A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

Originally posted by PAULW View Post
        Did you split the bulb into seperate cloves before you planted it.
        Yup. this is all coming out of a single clove.

Comment

Some of my bulbs, planted from a single clove, have done this. I think the weatheyr is playing havoc with them and they split from a bulb into individual cloves and keep growing instead of going over.

Comment

Plant up the individual bulblets in autumn and you will have a new crop next year. That's what I usually do when this happens to mine
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Leeds_lad View Post
              Yup. this is all coming out of a single clove.
              Ok I actually went and checked, the clove has in fact separated into individual bulblets.

Comment

This has happened to the garlic in one of my containers and they're really small too. Oh well.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X