Sweet peppers and Sotch bonnet leaf questions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet peppers and Sotch bonnet leaf questions

I noticed today that my swete pepper leaves had gone slightly crispy and dry at the veyr tip ( about 1-2 mm of the very end). Only two of the leaves had gone like this and they just kinda flaked off. Is this normal when hardening off?

Also at night my scotch bonnet pepper plant which I keep indoors seems to droop. The leaves flop down and become saggy, or at least some of them do. Is this normal too?

Thanks.

I think it's normal for the leaves to droop at night, it's as though they go to sleep, but they always wake up next morning
    Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Cheers, did wonder if that might be why. Any idea what the wierd crsipying of the tips of my swete pepper leaves is? Its a very very very tiny amount. I get a similar dark bit around the tips of some of my lettuce leaves.

Comment

Crisping is due to wind burn, most likely
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My scotch bonnet seems to still be a bit floppy. I may try and take a picture tomorrow if I can. I did not manage to water it til this evening today though so it had a full day of the windowsill in the sun. Maybe it got dry? The soil didnt seem bone dry though. Any tips here?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsEssexRob View Post
            Maybe it got dry? ... Any tips here?
            how to water seedlings - YouTube

Comment

Hes quite big now though about 14 inches tall and lots of big leaves, does the same thing still apply though? I have always watered over the plant, is it better to water from underneath the pot even if the roots havent yet reached?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsEssexRob View Post
                is it better to water from underneath the pot even if the roots havent yet reached?
                I'm going to say yes, aren't I ?

You want roots to go DOWN. Therefore, watering from below will lead the roots down. If you water on the surface, the roots might well try to stay near the surface where the water is (esp. if you're not thorough enough). Shallow roots are more susceptible to drying out in future, so you need to water more often, and on it goes ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X