Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more an offer than a swap.....Enfield or nearby Grapes.

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more an offer than a swap.....Enfield or nearby Grapes.

Last year i had to give up my allotment, and in 2kws i move to a new flat, which sadly has not outdoor space, so i have some things i would like to give to a good home.

I had kept the following just incase i was lucky enough to have a balcony or patio. ideally i would like it all to go as one lot, but will separate if noone wants the lot.

on offer is -
    gardening tools - fork and spade, hoe, rake
    various pots and trays (not lots, just a few)
    Fish Blood and Bone feed
    loads of seeds.....be advised, none were brought this year, lots from various flower shows(Chelsea and HCPFS), and from swaps on here when i was an active member.
    berry canes....3 types of raspberries(i have the names written down), a boysenberry and a blackcurrant, all in pots and putting on wonderful growth.
    some potting soil in bags.

as i say, i would prefer one collection, but will rethink if i need to.
    I'm very handy to the A10/J25(M25), and would like this gone by friday 18th May, as i move on the 19th. i am free this weekend and next, other than this afternoon(sunday 6th), then work usual hours during the week, so evening pick up would have to suit.

i hope someone would be interested as it would be a shame to throw it all out.

many thanks, and pm me if interested....i'll check in on a regular basis.
    Rachel.
    Finding Home

Oh I am sorry to hear you had to give up your lottie and growing veg - but I would love to take up your offer for the school gardening club as we are really short of everything except keen little growers

I am sending a pm
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

ooh a school project with a plaque to say thanks loverly idea
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

taken by the school gardening club, with my pleasure.....thanks Jeanied, have replied privately to you.

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
        Oh I am sorry to hear you had to give up your lottie and growing veg - but I would love to take up your offer for the school gardening club as we are really short of everything except keen little growers

I am sending a pm
        Finding Home

Comment

Do let me know when would suit you best - I could pop round in the car tomorrow or after school on Weds or Thurs evening! (No pm has shown up yet - I did clear some room in my inbox!)

Whoops -a - daisy! Just had an email to say my inbox is full - so I have spring cleaned a bit more
          Last edited by Jeanied; 06-05-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

apologies Jeanied, i didnt even know the message yesterday didnt go thru, i just checked now and its not in my sent box. have sent address and directions uncase you dont have sat nav, altho sat nav does tend to take you on a little trip via different streets than i have given you!.
            Finding Home

Comment

Just brilliant to hear that these things have found a deserving home.
              Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
              Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

jeanied, i'm a bit concerned my message hasnt gone thru again.....maybe some gremlin to do with not being an active member anymore, so can you let me know you've got it, thx
                Finding Home

Comment

just to say all the items went last night to their new home at school.

and, what a lovely lady Jeanied is, it was a pleasure to meet you after seeing your name on here for as long as i've used this site!. hope you survived the journey home without problem.
                  Finding Home

Comment

How nice to have a happy ending to a sad beginning. Good luck Rachel.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

BM's thoughts echoed, that's lovely.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Oh it was lovely - I drove round to Kiwirach's yesterday evening - the M25 was pretty quiet and my satnav got me there no problem along with some very clear instructions from Kiwirach herself. And there were some lovely pots of fruit bushes, tools, pots, seed trays, compost and seeds - the kids are going to have a field day when we start organising the fruit garden and finalise the veggie beds.

Lots of these children have no idea what veg look like - one of them pulled up the strawberries that were already growing in the plot, thinking they were radishes! Large labels are needed everywhere I think! We also think they will have problems tasting the veg - so we are really pleased that we have fruit to tempt them! And my little lad who I helped with handwriting is especially keen to grow courgettes and I have 4 seedlings that germinated in double quick time in the airing cupboard.

Hmmm - can you tell I have a new obsession now?

Thank you again lovely Kiwirach. It is a shame I can't post a picture of their grins, but we will find a way of showing their delight, I am sure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X