Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhubarb leaves

Hi

I thought it might work to make liquid pest killer by soaking rhubarb leaves in water.
    But when I got some leaves they had slugs on! So they cant be too poisones to slug.
    Does anyone think it might work on some other pests. I am quite new to this, I havnt come accross any pest yet, but I am sure I will.

Tigerella

Not to sure on tjhis but I think that you ave to boil rhubarb leaves t make the stuff. Can use them around crops for slugs / sanils ro hid under so you can catch them and ...... them. I know this doesn't anwer your question but hope it is a tad helpful.
    Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
    -- Alfred E. Neumann
    http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
      Caution - Keep away from children and pets.
      I always try to Lesley!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

It's a b****r isn't it? You're told something is poisonous and then you find it crawling with slugs and snails who come to no harm whatsoever. Rhubarb leaves are poisonous to people because of the acid they contain.

Comment

terry on the big dig soaked the leaves in water and used it on cabbage.i have boiled some leaves and sprayed them on beans to see if it helps with bean weevil.g
          goddess

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X