X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Late to Sow Chillies???

Good Evening All,

Just a quick one.

Am I too late to sow chillies? I've concentrated so much on getting potatoes in the ground and my brassicas sown in modules I've completed forgotten about my chillies.

I also just sowed my squash and pumpkin this morning, am I too late with this? Fingers crossed i'll be O.K.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ross

Still plenty of time for chillis, they'll grow fairly quickly. Squash and pumpkin will be fine too, only put mine in modules last weekend, so bearing in mind you're a lot further north than me, a week or 2 later than me would be fine I reckon.
    Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

put the chilli's in sharpish - they should be fine - just put them somewhere warm. theres plenty of time to sow the squach though - i put mine in last week.
      Last edited by Matt94; 15-04-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I'm not putting the squash in till the weekend or later....probably may, so don't worry

Comment

I find most things catch up if you are a bit late anyway

Comment

I was on the drag with a lot of my sowing, only got my chillis sown last night. Not 1oo% confident so I bought four plants from Aldi also.

As for squash, I won't be sowing mine for at least a week, I don't have room for them inside so they have to be started in my blow away, not warm enough in there yet.(I don't think)
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

for the hotter end of the heat scale it will be too late now to sow, varients like Nagas etc classed as the super hots (Capiscum Chinese)
              but the cooler end like cayennes and jalepenos (Capiscum Annuum) should do ok as they are much quicker to grow/ mature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X