Garlic Trouble

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic Trouble

My Garlic Have got Yellow stripes ? on there leaves is this normal? if not can i fix it ?
    Only after the last tree has been cutdown Only after the last river has been poisoned Only after the last fish has been caught Only then will you find
    That money cannot be eaten
    Cree indian

When did they go in Bexy? Are they in the ground or in containers? Could you post a picture? Sorry to bombard you with questions and not an answer, but I think more information may be needed in order for someone to diagnose the problem
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

They went in November ish time. they are in a raised bed with winter onions. i have not noticed it till today and i have been out almost daily. my onions are fine.
      Only after the last tree has been cutdown Only after the last river has been poisoned Only after the last fish has been caught Only then will you find
      Cree indian

Comment

It sounds like pest attack to me: I get yellow stripes (they look dry and dead) when the leek moth larvae are resident in the leaves.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have taken some pics i will upload them now...... i dont know how clear they will be tho as the lights gone a bit as its starting to rain.
          Cree indian

Comment

Variegated garlic...........you could be on to something there!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The Pics

Here are a few pics one is of the whole bed and the other of the leaves
              Attached Files
              Cree indian

Comment

How about windburn? Mine look like they have been scorched in places.
                Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

They do have brown tips it looks like they are about to brown up to be harvested but i pulled one (there is quite a few) to see if that was what was happening but there was no "bulbs" as such but it looked healthy enough and had a purple stem ???? and there was no evidence on nomage from creatures so i have no idea... could it be something missing in the soil do you think ?
                  Cree indian

Comment

Got the same thing on a couple of mine. I had it down to the leaves getting burnt due to water sitting on them when we had the major heat last week.

Comment

surely that would have crisped them not given them stripes ? eee im alll confussed its stressfull this veg growing malarky
                      Cree indian

Comment

No bulbs, as in it hasn't split? Have heard about that happening. Apparently cold hard frost is required for that. Have heard some of my lotment Neigbours tell me that happened to theirs over the last couple of years. Purple stem, i have some of them. can't think now which variety that is. Purple Solent? I wouldn't want to pull mine out yet, I have to learn some patience! I have this habit of wading in when things aren't ready. Have read somewhere that bug infestation renders the leaves rusty; nothing about stripes.
                        Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horticultural_hobbit View Post
                          No bulbs, as in it hasn't split?
                          That's normal at this time of year. They've got a fair bit of growing to do until they're harvested, June-ish

Not pest damage anyway: they would be ribbons if it was that
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Shall i Fleece them if its frost damage? i dont wanna lose them
                            Cree indian

Comment

IIRC there was a thread similar to this last year & the conclusion was a soil deficiency & to sprinkle some chicken poo pellets around.

FYI two major pests (neither give symptoms like yours ...
                              Leek moth / Royal Horticultural Society
                              Allium leaf miner / Royal Horticultural Society
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X