raspberry and rhubarb question..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raspberry and rhubarb question..

Ive planted both in my garden and TBH Im not sure of the quality. There were no shoots on either plant when I put them in. How long before I know if they will grow or if I just have a bunch of sticks planted in my garden!!

Some of my raspberries are sprouting, but some are still dormant - even of the same variety.

It is possible that yours have been in long-term cold storage before being sold, so they may think that winter only ended yesterday. They'll wait for at least a few weeks after they think winter has gone, so that they don't end up being tricked by a mild spell in mid-winter.

So give them until the end of April.

Also give them lots of compost or manure as a mulch; they're very hungry plants that appreciate lots of nutrients and adequate (but not excess) soil moisture.

Comment

We don't have any buds on the raspberries either, but the rhubarb has started to shoot. I think seeing the first rhubarb leaves opening up is one of the finest sights of spring. This year we're forcing some for the first time.

Richard
      Attached Files
      Follow me as I spend 365 days on the allotment - http://a-year-on-the-plot.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

well, thats reassured me, thanks!!
        Hopefully by this time next year I will know more what to expect from the garden!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X