Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHHH Me Fennel Help

Hello,

My Fennel has been attacked by little white bug things. i think its white fly but they are also on the soil ????

Within 2 days it almost looks dead......

How can i save my It ?
    Only after the last tree has been cutdown Only after the last river has been poisoned Only after the last fish has been caught Only then will you find
    That money cannot be eaten
    Cree indian

Compost them.....then re sow in early may.....

Loving my allotment!

Comment

I presume this is Herb fennel, not Florence fennel with the edible bulb at the base?
      If its the herb it dies back in winter and reshoots in spring. You could cut it right back to ground level and see if it shoots again in spring. Mine has been knocked back by the frost but is growing again now.
      I have no idea what the white flies are - sorry.

Comment

yep my fennels re-shooting aswell

Comment

yes its a herb but u use the leafs not the bulb ? and mine had survied the frosts and snow un marked but its bein distroyed by the little bugs.... i have tryed to spray with washin up liquid and water but i have a helping hand in a little wee ladybird
          Only after the last tree has been cutdown Only after the last river has been poisoned Only after the last fish has been caught Only then will you find
          Cree indian

Comment

Talk nicely to your ladybird - I'm sure she'll sort you out!

Comment

My fennel has become my pest
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Fennel is too beautiful to be a pest!

Comment

sorry just read your post again, yes they are white flies - Whitefly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  i would suggest planting marigolds near them but its far too early for them. id keep on applying the soap solution every few days.

Comment

But what about the ladybird? She doesn't want soap in her mouth!

Comment

It is beautiful....it just seems to shoot up so quickly and has self seeded in my strawberries and fruit cage. Unfortunately, I'm also a sucker for anything beautiful so I'll probably have a hundred new self seeded ones randomly dotted about this year.
                      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

you could always relocate the ladybird VC hahaha

Comment

Ladybird, ladybird, flyaway home......

Comment

Poor Little Lady Bird i carnt move it , it Hybernated in my compost bin lid and has now found a all you can eat buffet lets hope more will follow it
                            Cree indian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X