Loganberries and Raspberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loganberries and Raspberries

I have had some loganberry and raspberry plants in the group growing up wires attached too two concrete posts either end of the allotment. My allotment is 12 foot wide. When i first put them in I didnt have a thought about them soo they are both sides of the wires making it difficult too train them. Could someone tell me what the spacing should be between my Loganberries and my Raspberries and I was thinking of rearranging them now as their dormant would that be a good idea?

Many Thanks
    Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Its around 18 inches between raspberries, so I would guess its about the same with loganberries.

Comment

The Logan berry is a long-armed plant like a blackberry so it should produce canes up to 10-15ft long. That will probably fill the 12ft space you have the wires strung over, so I wouldn't plant any raspberries too close to it on the other side. My 10 year old loganberry produces around 30 canes so you'll need a lot of space eventually. Have a trawl on t'internet for some pictures of how loganberries are trained and you see that you need plenty of room for them.

Comment

I agree, Speed Gardener. A 2nd row of wire would be advisable and move either the rasps or the loganberry to it. The loganberry would probably be the best to move as it is one plant only.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X