Charlotte Potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte Potatoes

I had 1 of my potato plants in a black compost packet & the leaves broke off in the wind so I assumed stupidly that the whole thing was dead but found little potato's at the bottom. Not really big enough to eat can you keep them as seed pots for next year?

If not I have 3 more in the ground can I keep any as seed potato?

Always worth saving your own seed potatoe, providing that they are from clean healthy plants, that are virus free(if you have had aphids on this years crop, then I wouldnt risk it as it is these that tend to spread virus in potatoes)
    Personally, I buy new seed every three years or so, or swap some with a friend whos garden is some way away, as oddly enough, over the years I have found that potatoes seem to bebefit from a change of soil
    type every few years, Has anyone else noticed this?
    "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

I always save my best spuds for planting the next year. I keep them in the salad drawer of the fridge
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

If I can't keep them in the fridge haha can you just leave them in some dry compost till next years planting?

Comment

I grow Charlotts in large pots (about 12") don't grow a lot, just 6 - 8 pots. I get my "seed" from T***O or S********'S from the green-grocery counter. Been doing it for years and always a nice crop of new potatoes, about 1.5kg per pot.

a-a

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X