Mulching winter sowings. Broadies and strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulching winter sowings. Broadies and strawberries

I have my broadies showing in a new raised bed. Little weeds are appearing too!

Similar with strawberry plants I planted last month. There is lots of bare soil between the plants.

Should I be mulching instead of weeding? What would be the best mulch to use and how much should I put on?

Any help appreciated.......

Loving my allotment!

Have you got any grass clippings? I swear by them after this last year.

Comment

planted broad beans already. oooh....
      I have a new allotment, and was told by not one but two of the old boys to make sure I didn't plant them until the middle of November. Not sure why... maybe it will cause little green aliens to land and napalm my plot or something, but they were very certain about it

Comment

I sowed some broad bean seeds last week. I found them floating about loose in my seed box, so in they went. That's a good idea Zaz, I'll try grass clippings. I use them for earthing up potatoes as well.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Me n flo are oop north mind. I did read TS does them later but I was eager( too eager probably) to get something growing after rebuilding my plot with raised beds. the shoots are just coming through now. I've just ordered a no dig book so I can learn more detail of how this horticultural lasagne should be done on other beds.

Looks like grass clippings is an answer but are there any other good ideas out there?

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X