Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perpetual strawberries

i would like to extend my growing season for strawberries
    has anybody got any recommendations for strawberries which go on into the autumn

and do they have to be under cover to get strawberries into oct

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks

anne

Alpines keep going until the frosts kill the tops of the plant off..

Comment

I'm still picking from my alpines which I sowed from seed in January. As Chris says they keep going pretty well.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

My Mara des Bois perpetuals are still going strong and should continue until first frosts.
        I'm not sure if cloches would help extend the season. I think cold and possibly mould on the fruit might be a problem.

Comment

I have two varieties Gento and Cirafine which are 'remontant' They are still fruiting and there are lots more to come. Fleece might extend the season although as the weather gets cooler they seem to loose their flavour.
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I have a bed of perpetual strawberries which didn't do anything except give me an ordinary crop in june. Very disappointed as I was expecting strawberries into Sept.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X