Onions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onions

Hi Folks can i dry onions in my shed instead of the greenhouse it does have a plastic panel in the roof for light. nearly said my onions but thought better not some people may get the wrong impression lol..
    come on in take a seat time for tea

You can dry your onions in private. I personally am drying onions in boxes on greenhouse shelves and on wire racks in our conservatory. I would say they need some sun exposure really to dry quickly but so long as they are out of wet/damp conditions and are up off a floor they should dry out.
    Enjoy getting your onions outside!
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

My shed (and garage) are too damp to store onions in: I now keep them in the gh or the house
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
        You can dry your onions in private. I personally am drying onions in boxes on greenhouse shelves and on wire racks in our conservatory. I would say they need some sun exposure really to dry quickly but so long as they are out of wet/damp conditions and are up off a floor they should dry out.
        Enjoy getting your onions outside!
        i will see what the weather is like tomorrow as long as next door is not watching lol
        come on in take a seat time for tea

Comment

Cheeky!
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

ventilation is really important in the drying process. Even if the storage area is really dry, movement of air is needed otherwise there is a real danger of fungal diseases causing the onions to rot in storage

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X