Sweet Peppers Splitting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Peppers Splitting

Only got a couple on two plants at the mo but both have split near the top showing the inside core. I've been watering them but no as frequently as the tomatoes and they have shared the tomato feed once a week so any idea of the cause?
    www.gyoblog.co.uk

Splitting is usually caused by erratic watering, i.e. letting the plants get dry and then a soak.

Comment

Not absolutely sure but I know that other veg can split when they get a sudden increase in water uptake so maybe adjust your watering regime to the same as the tomatoes? There may someone along in a while who knows more about this occurrence whereas I am just going by my gut feeling!! (It is a pretty big gut though )
      Rustylady agrees - she got in just before me !!
      Last edited by sewer rat; 16-07-2011, 05:55 PM.
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok thanks. Letting them dry before watering could well be whats happening as i'm trying not to water them too much as i read they don't need as much water as tomatoes but by doing so i'm letting them dry out. What i'll do then is when watering the tomatoes, just give half of their amount to the pepper plants so they are still getting the same amount as before but in smaller doses
        www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Chef, the other two poster's are spot on and so is your solution just don't let them stand in sodden compost or you will damage the roots.

Colin
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X