Moving a Pumpkin/Squash

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a Pumpkin/Squash

I (stupidly) planted out my Potimarron squash in a bit of the plot that is now well shaded by a greengage tree and my surprisingly successful sunflowers. Doh! I understand that they - squashes- like a bit of sun, so is it too late to move it? I don't think it is going to "do" in its present location.

How big is it?

Comment

if you do decide to move it, make sure it is very, very, very well watered beforehand and take as big a rootball as you can get. After that, it's in the lap of the Gods.

Comment

I wouldn't Susie unless you're sure it's going to be really unhappy where it is. I moved one last year doing all that AP has suggested to you and the lap of the Gods floored it.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

It is about 18 inches long and a bit pathetic; thanks for the advice anyway ... I don't know what to do, I'll think about it some more this afternoon when I am at the plot.

Comment

I've planted a pumpkin in a shaded part of the garden due to space constraints and crop rotation and it is spreading it's vines in the direction of the sun and has started to flower. Nature tends to find a way. If you really don't want to risk relocating it, I'd suggest (novice that I am) giving it regular good feeds, encouraging its' vines to spread towards the light if possible and hope for the best.

Good luck
            Reet
            x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X